- On July 3, 2019
- In Uncategorized
ROCKY BOY’s WATER TREATMENT PLANT PHASE 1 GENERAL CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT #1
Sealed Bids for Work on the Rocky Boy’s Water Treatment (WTP) Phase 1 – Contract #1: Main WTP Building will be received by the Chippewa Cree Construction Corporation (Owner) until August 7, 2019 at the hour of 3:00 p.m. local time at the offices of AE2S located at 300 15th St. S, #7, Great Falls, MT 59405.
Bids will be received for a single prime Contract. Bids shall be on a lump sum basis, with additive alternate bid items as indicated in the Bid Form.
Description of Project:
The Work Generally consists of furnishing all labor, skill, equipment, and construction materials to construct the new Rocky Boy’s WTP Phase 1 in accordance with the plans and specifications. This facility is generally described as an 11 Million Gallon Per Day (MGD) conventional water treatment plant. This bid package is Part 1 of a phased, multiple bid package Project, and generally includes the following:
General Construction – Contract #1: Main WTP Building
The General Construction Contract consists of the following work:
- Site Work generally includes earthwork related to the Main Building construction, underdrain collection system, gravel roadway construction, storm utilities, and buried utilities within a perimeter boundary noted in the plans and specifications.
- New Construction of an approximately 74,000 square-foot water treatment plant (Building) consisting of a structural precast exterior with interior precast, masonry, and commercial framing.
- Structural steel and standing seam roof.
- Construction of two (2) new cast-in-place 5.75 MGD flocculation and sedimentation trains (See Alternate #1)
- Construction of four (4) new cast-in-place dual media sand filtration units (See Alternate #2)
- Associated process equipment, pumps, piping, valves, chemical feed equipment, and appurtenances.
- Mechanical system including HVAC units, duct work, unit heaters, fans.
- Fire protection system including building fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm and control panels.
- Electrical Work generally including all electrical power service modifications; motor control centers (modifications and new); variable frequency drives; high and low voltage power distribution and wiring; associated electrical distribution switchgear; lighting and lighting controls; instrumentation; instrumentation & control wiring; PLC-Based control panels and installation; communication networks and switching components; access control; security; video surveillance; and related electrical and controls Work routinely associated with water treatment plant construction. Bidder will not provide control system programming.
- Alternate No. 1 – Flocculation /Sedimentation Basin Equipment
- Alternate No. 2 – Dual Media Filtration Equipment
The Contractor shall have the following minimum qualifications: The successful completion of not less than two (2) municipal water and/or wastewater treatment system infrastructure projects, each with a rated capacity of not less than five (5) million gallons per day, within ten (10) years prior to the date of bid opening. The water treatment system infrastructure experience must include successful construction of water retaining concrete basins (constructed both above and below grade) and the installation of process equipment, pumps, process piping, valves, meters, chemical feed systems, and ancillary appurtenances. The Contractor must demonstrate having self-performed not less than 25 percent of the labor on the qualifying projects. Contractor Qualification Questionnaire is required to be submitted with Bid.
Examination of Bidding Documents:
Complete digital project bidding documents are available at www.AE2S.com or www.questcdn.com. You may download the digital plan documents for Fifty Dollars ($50.00) by inputting Quest project #6412554 on the website’s Project Search page. Please contact QuestCDN.com at 952-233-1632 or email@example.com for assistance in free membership registration, downloading, and working with this digital project information. The Bidding Documents may be seen and examined at the office of AE2S, 300 15th St. S, #7, Great Falls, MT 59405 (406-268-0626) Copies of the Plans and Specifications and other Bidding and Contract Documents may also be ordered from Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S), 1815 Schafer St, Ste 301, Bismarck, ND 58501 (701-221-0530). The Bidding Documents are available in the form of printed plans and specifications and/or PDF on compact discs (CDs) by request from AE2S. The costs are $100.00 for CDs and $700.00 for printed documents, for each set of Documents obtained. Payment for Bidding Documents is NON-REFUNDABLE. Bidding Documents may also be examined at the following locations: Builders Exchanges in Billings, MT; Bozeman, MT; Great Falls, MT; Helena, MT; and Missoula, MT. All Work shall be done according to the Bidding Documents.
A Pre-Bid conference has been scheduled for July 10 at 10:00 am local time at the Chippewa Cree Construction Corporation, located at 93 Mack Road, Box Elder, MT, 59521 followed by a site visit at the WTP site located near Chester, MT. Attendance at the Pre-Bid Conference is recommended but not mandatory.
All Bids must be in accordance with the Bidding Documents on file with the Chippewa Cree Construction Corporation (Owner) at 93 Mack Road, Box Elder, MT, 59521 or the office of Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services (AE2S) (Engineer) at 300 15th St. S, #7, Great Falls, MT 59405.
Technical bid questions shall be directed to Mr. David. Carlson, PE at 406-268-0626, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neither Owner nor Engineer has any responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or sufficiency of any bid documents obtained from any source other than the source indicated in these documents. Obtaining these documents from any other source(s) may result in obtaining incomplete and inaccurate information. Obtaining these documents from any source other than directly from the source listed herein may also result in failure to receive any addenda, corrections, or other revisions to these documents that may be issued.
All Bids shall be prepared according to the Instruction to Bidders contained within the Project Manual. Each Bid shall be accompanied by A SEPARATE ENVELOPE containing Bidder’s Security (and other documentation as outlined in Article 3 –Qualifications of Bidders, as printed in the Instructions to Bidders), payable to the Chippewa Cree Construction Corporation, in a sum equal to ten percent (10%) of the full amount of the Bid, executed by the Bidder as principal and by a surety company authorized to do business in the State of Montana, conditioned that if the principal’s Bid be accepted and the contract awarded, principal, within fifteen (15) days after Notice of Award, will execute and effect a Contract in accordance with the terms of the principal’s Bid and a Contractor’s Bond as required by the laws of the State of Montana. Only Bids that are accompanied by such a Bond (and other Qualifications) will be considered. Successful Bidders will be required to furnish an approved Performance Bond and a Labor and Materials Payment Bond, each in the amount of one-hundred percent (100%) of the contract amount as security for the faithful performance and the payment of all bills and obligations arising from the performance of the Contract. Insurance, as required, shall be provided by the successful Bidders and certificate(s) of that insurance shall be provided. All Bidders shall strictly follow the directions outlined in the Instructions to Bidders when submitting their bid.
The project will be funded with Federal funds from the Bureau of Reclamation (BOR). The ensuing contract between Owner and Contractor requires conformance with all requirements of participating funding agencies, generally outlined in Section(s) 007300, 004340, 008200, 008215. Bidder shall be responsible for understanding its responsibilities under each of these participating funding agencies.
Those requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Montana Department of Labor and Industry Requirements
- Wage Determination Requirements (Davis Bacon/MT Prevailing Wage)
- Gross Receipts Withholding Requirements
- TERO Requirements
- Equal Employment Opportunity Requirements Under Executive Order 11246
- Contractor Eligibility and Certification Regarding Debarment
- Bureau of Reclamation Requirements
All Bids will be made on the basis of cash payment. The Chippewa Cree Construction Corporation reserves the right to reject any and all Bids, to waive irregularities and informalities, and to award the Contract in the best interests of the Chippewa Cree Construction Corporation. The Owner reserves the right to hold the three (3) low Bids for a period of sixty (60) days after the date of the Bid opening. The work for each contract must be completed in accordance with the dates outlined in the Agreement.
The Work shall be substantially completed by December 1, 2021 and shall be completed and ready for final payment on or before June 1, 2022.
Bids shall be delivered or mailed to: AE2S
c/o David Carlson
300 15th St. S, #7
Great Falls, MT 59405